The Trust is sponsored by Dudley College of Technology, one of the most successful Further Education colleges in the UK.
The college operates across nine sites which collectively form the Dudley Learning Quarter, with further specialist units at nearby Brierley Hill.
Features of the College include:
- Graded as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- Enrols some 12,000 learners each year across a wide range of academic and technical programmes
- Major capital investments of £60 million in buildings and technology
- Specialist centres equipped to provide a technical education unsurpassed in the region, including Dudley Advance 1, a state-of-the-art Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering and Technology and Dudley Advance II, a Centre for Advanced Building Technologies
- Dudley Sixth, which has some 500 learners across 34 A level programmes
- One of few colleges nationally to have achieved the prestigious STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Assured kite mark
- The biggest provider of apprenticeships within the West Midlands Combined Authority area
- A growing Higher Education provision in partnership with Aston and Wolverhampton universities
- One of the first colleges to be selected to deliver T levels
- Leader of a consortium building an Institute of Technology in Dudley, which will focus on advanced manufacturing, modern construction methodologies and medical engineering for up to 2,000 learners.
The transformational leadership that has propelled the development of the college and the high attainment of its learners is a driving force behind Dudley Academies Trust.