Getting fit for a rewarding career
At Dudley Academies Trust, we believe that if our learners are ‘Dreaming Big’ about what they want to do in life, they will work harder, achieve more and be happier.
We will provide a comprehensive, planned programme of careers education, advice and guidance for all learners in Years 7-11. We will do this in partnership with the local authority and other organisations including our ‘Outstanding’ sponsor, Dudley College of Technology. We are committed to ensuring that our learners leave the Academy with high aspirations, the knowledge to make informed and realistic decisions, and the character attributes needed to succeed in life.
Our aim is that all learners will experience the following:
- A wide range of career based activities every year
- High quality, impartial careers advice and guidance
- Workplace visits, work shadowing and virtual work experience with leading businesses such as Thomas Dudley Ltd
- Taking part in business events
- Entering competitions such as the Peter Jones Tycoon programme
- Outside speakers from business and industry
- Interview practice
- Taster courses at local colleges
- Visits to universities.